October 30, 2017
Holiday insurance to Egypt
Did you know that...?
- Avoid being afraid in the event that you order "foul" from an Egyptian menu. Is in reality pronounced "fool" and is a tasty dish fashioned with fava beans that has been enjoyed in Egypt for centuries.
- More than 95per cent of Egyptians live because of the Nile, which takes up just 3percent regarding the land. Yes, that does allow it to be a bit of a squeeze - about 50% even more densely stuffed than Bangladesh!
- The final pharaohs of the Old Kingdom were as far back with time for Cleopatra as she is for people. It really is another thousand years back from them to your very first pharaoh, Aha (no connection with the pop music team whose final hit has also been many years ago).
- It-all happened first in Egypt! Huge raise your voice as a result of Aristarchus, which very first said the Earth encircles the Sun, and Eratosthenes who initially exercised the planet earth's circumference. That was in third century BC. Move over, Galileo and Copernicus!
- The only real surviving likeness of King Cheops, which built the fantastic Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, the tallest construction worldwide for the right element of 4, 000 years, is a small ivory figurine scarcely three ins large. Bet he'd be peeved about this.
- Previously bothered by flies? Here is a tip from King Pepy II, the longest-reigning Egyptian pharaoh at 94 many years in the throne. Get a slave plus some honey. Slather the slave using honey. View in serenity because the flies swarm to your honeyed servant.
- Egyptians love Twitter. You will find 13 million people, significantly more than two times as numerous since the after that Arab-speaking country. Last year, one dad also known as his new-born daughter Facebook. Maybe the name Twitter was already taken.
We could cover your children free-of-charge!
If you’re going away along with your young ones, we could protect all of them on your own plan at no additional charge, whether you purchase a yearly plan or single-trip cover.
Share this article
November 18, 2019
September 21, 2017
July 31, 2018