Marsa Alam, Egypt
Marsa Alam may be the most recent diving destination associated with the Red Sea in Egypt. It includes exemplary chances to spot Dolphins, the uncommon Dugongs, the interesting Oceanic Whitetip Shark and Hammerheads Sharks!!!
Marsa Alam is the greatest gateway for examining the wonders regarding the Southern Red water with famous diving internet sites such as Elphinstone Reef or even the Dolphin House!
A few years ago, Marsa Alam was however just a peaceful fishing town of Southern Egypt, but since the construction associated with International Airport in 2001, the spot draws progressively scuba divers every year. They arrive right here for pristine reefs and to steer clear of the crowded plunge sites of Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada inside north of Red Sea.
Within page you will find more descriptive information on scuba diving in Marsa Alam.
Best Dive Review
Marsa Alam provides the most readily useful diving of this Red Sea plus Egypt. The marine life is amazing & most associated with diving sites are nevertheless unspoiled with pristine reefs and excellent coral. If you're tired of the crowded dive sites of Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada, this is an excellent place obtainable.
You've got exceptional chances of satisfying some bottle-nose Dolphins or perhaps the Spinner Dolphins also water Turtles in addition to extremely unusual and jeopardized Dugongs! In the event that you dive the popular Elphinstone Reef, you might spot the unusual and fascinated Oceanic White Tip Shark as well as schooling Hammerhead Sharks!
Other types of Sharks like impressive Silvertip Shark or perhaps the Grey Reef Sharks can certainly be spotted. This area is ideal to encounter pelagic fishes such as for example Tuna and Barracuda also.
Throughout the right season, it's even feasible to identify the mild giant (May and Summer) as well as the majestic (May to August)!
Marsa Alam is principally a destination for experienced divers with difficult diving internet sites but the regional diving websites are also super easy and ideal for learning to Scuba Dive.
The most effective scuba diving web sites in Marsa Alam (and most likely in Egypt!) tend to be:
- One of the best plunge websites on the planet. It's an overseas Reef providing dazzling wall drift diving with wonderful Coral and amazing aquatic Life. This location is fabled for regular activities of schooling Hammerhead Sharks in addition to potentiall dangerous Oceanic Whitetip Shark! This site is set aside to experienced divers just!
- This excellent reef creates a lagoon where in actuality the exposure is usually very good. It provides wonderful scuba diving or snorkelling nevertheless the emphasize this is actually the resident spinner dolphins pod. It is often possible to swim or to dive with these smart and interesting creatures, making it a memorable knowledge!
- The most used plunge web site for the location. It is one of the few locations on earth where you can dive utilizing the very uncommon and put at risk Dugongs! This superficial bay normally residence to many big Green Sea Turtles. The uncommon electric guitar shark may also be present Abu Dabbab. This can be a great area for underwater photography (but don’t put your macro lense ;-))! This might be a well known snorkelling place too.
- The most pristine reef associated with the location with amazing tough and soft red coral!
- Wreck of the Hamada: Marsa Alam doesn’t have many interesting wrecks to plunge. But the Hamada wreck, an old 65m lengthy ship that sunk in 1993 is a simple and dazzling shore diving. It is a fantastic location for underwater photography, so don’t forget your camera!
Diving in Marsa Alam is truly ideal for underwater photography due to the exemplary presence as well as the amazing marine life it is possible to experience. But isn't where for Macro and Critter enthusiasts. If you should be shopping for exceptional Macro and Muck Diving, take to the Lembeh Strait or Wakatobi in Indonesia and Mabul Island in Malaysia!
Liveaboard journey or Marsa Alam Dive Facilities?
Stunning first class diving internet sites can be achieved on time trips from Marsa Alam and certainly will keep you busy for your whole trip! However, when you do like to explore the wonderful and more remote plunge sites of the Brothers Islands, Daedelus Reef, Geziret Zabargad, Rocky isles and St. John’s Reef you need to simply take a liveaboard journey for a couple days. These cruises tend to be reserved for experienced scuba divers. I usually utilize this web site to book beforehand my Liveaboards at a negative balance Sea because they often have the best prices We find. I prefer it since they have actually an easy reservation system.
Most readily useful time and energy to plunge in Marsa Alam
You're able to plunge in Marsa Alam throughout every season. You will find different months:
- Around April and may even, the presence is sometimes decreased by the plankton bloom but that is exactly what lures Manta Rays and Whale Sharks!
- Coldest water happens in January and is about 24°C
- Whale Sharks could be spotted between May and June
- From November to February, the wind may be powerful and also the sea quite choppy. It could sometimes avoid overseas dives from occurring eg at Elphinstone Reef.
- Most Readily Useful scuba conditions tend to be during Summer Time with liquid heat around 30°C!
- Hammerhead Sharks and Manta rays season in Elphinstone Reef runs from might to August
- The famous Oceanic Whitetip Shark season operates from October to December in Elphinstone Reef
Scuba Diving problems
The south or Red Seas usually offers very good conditions.
Visibility: Great, it ranges from 20m to 60m.
Current: Varies greatly depending on the area and you will find easy plunge websites without existing for newbie divers along with places with very strong current to get more experienced divers.
Water heat: Ranges from 24°C around January and a good 30°C during the summertime.
Marsa Alam is a windy destination additionally the water can be choppy specifically from November to February. It may occasionally forbid scuba diving in the much more exposed plunge sites.